The History of Leaning Tower of Pisa is known as the most famous landmark of Pisa, Italy. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is the world’s second-tallest free-standing tower, after the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.
It is also the world’s first stone tower, built in 1173 and is the only tower to have tilted more than 2 degrees from its vertical position.
The Leaning Tower of Pisa was built in 1173 and was designed by engineer and architect Guido Castellani.
History of Leaning Tower of Pisa
The tower was commissioned by the Pisan diocese as a gift to the Virgin Mary.
The tower was built by the architect Guido Castellani, who had previously designed the Pisa Cathedral.
It was originally a wooden tower, but was built in stone and painted red.
The tower’s tilt was caused by a problem with the building materials, but it was repaired after the first incident.
The tower’s tilt was caused by the top-heavy nature of the tower, and it had been tilted by almost 4 degrees when it was first built.